The Bombers Williams Barrel bit helps to prevent drift and is suitable for a horse that objects to the pinching of the tongue and bars often associated with single jointed mouthpieces.
Uniquely shaped, the cheekpiece allows for multiple rein positions.
For a snaffle action, connect the rein to the main ring. For increased poll pressure and resulting poll flexion the rein should be connected to the bottom ring.
A conventional snaffle joint has a nut cracker action, which means it will put pressure on the horse’s bars and add a pinching action on the tongue.
The barrel joint limits the nut cracker action and spreads the usual pressure over a larger area. Independent rein action is also achieved.
When the rein is used this mouthpiece wraps over the tongue creating tongue pressure and taking pressure off the bars due to the lock up action.
- Mouthpiece Material: Sweet iron.
- Mouthpiece Type: Bombers barrel 30mm.
- Mouthpiece Thickness: 14mm.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Bombers Williams.
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: 8.2cm.
- Cheekpiece Length: 13.6cm.
- Curb Chain Included: N/A.
- Action: Light pressure on the bars of the mouth. Light poll pressure. Medium pressure on the tongue and cheeks.