The Bombers Williams Waterford Cable bit helps to prevent drift and discourages a horse from leaning on the rider’s hand.
Uniquely shaped, the cheekpiece allows for multiple rein positions.
For a snaffle action, connect the rein to the main ring. For increased poll pressure and resulting poll flexion the rein should be connected to the bottom ring.
The Waterford cable has many smooth and flexible components which spread the pressure over the horse’s tongue. This produces a light and mouth friendly mouthpiece.
The spring-back action of the cable further reduces pressure in all areas. The greater flexibility discourages a horse from leaning on the bit and promotes mouthing and salivation.
The Waterford is usually worn ¼” – ½” or 5mm – 10mm longer than your traditional mouthpiece in order to curve around the tongue and maximise the effect.
Consideration should be given to horses with fleshy mouths where increased width is necessary in order for the bit to be well accepted.
** No returns or exchanges are possible if there are chew marks on the mouthpiece.
- Mouthpiece Material: PVC covered cable. Sweet iron.
- Mouthpiece Type: Bombers Waterford cable.
- Mouthpiece Thickness: 16mm.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Bombers Williams.
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: 8.2cm.
- Cheekpiece Length: 13.6cm.
- Curb Chain Included: N/A.
- Action: Light pressure and pinching action on the bars of the mouth. Light poll pressure. Medium pressure on the tongue and cheeks.