Although not severe, this bit gives the rider more control than a regular loose ring snaffle and utilises a mild gag action to promote the horse’s outline, head carriage and responsiveness.
The cheek piece is attached to the upper bevel of the bit ring while the rein can either be attached to the bit ring as one would for a normal snaffle bit, or it can be attached to the bottom bevel, thereby increasing poll pressure and creating a greater turning effect around corners.
- Mouthpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Mouthpiece Type: Jointed nutcracker. Thick hollow mouth.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Cartwheel.
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: 7cm.
- Cheekpiece length: N/A.
- Curb Chain Included: N/A.
- Action: Bars of the mouth, corners of the mouth, tongue pressure, poll pressure.