- Name: Michelle Browne.
- Nicknames: Mish.
- Job title at Western Shoppe:
Sales assistant and saddle fitter at the Western Shoppe Pretoria branch.
- Give three words that best describe yourself:
Passionate about horses.
- Give us a brief history on your riding journey. Childhood, disciplines, what is your involvement with horses now etc.?
I started riding at the age of 12. Did all the basics in Dressage and Jumping and in my 20’s, discovered Endurance Riding! Since then I have completed our National Competition at Fauresmith 16 times and have officially covered 10 000km. Today I have my Provincial and Springbok colours. I am still riding and am lucky to have a family who are all riding.
- Do you have a four-legged equine friend/s of your own? Tell us more.
Yes, we breed Arabians for the Endurance market and have about 30+ horses on our farm.
- How did you find yourself in the saddle fitting and equestrian trade?
Well, after being involved in the Equestrian world for the last 30 years, the opportunity came to join the Western Shoppe Team in Pretoria in 2012. Moving into the saddle fitting arena was an almost natural move and with my solid horse knowledge I can do it with confidence.
In-house training with Western Shoppe and Bates/Wintec Qualified.
- Why do you love your job?
Being involved with the Horse industry and helping others with their horses is very fulfilling!
- Who do you or have you fitted for? We don’t mind name dropping names.
We cover a very large area visiting yards taking out saddles to fit. I’ve travelled up to Louis Trichardt, Middelburg, Volksrust, Rustenburg and then all the yards in and around Pretoria.
- Favourite saddle at the moment?
I am very fond of the Wintec Lite. A superb saddle which seem to fit most horses very well.
- Lastly, what is the one piece of advice or tip you would want to share with any and every horse owner with regards to their horse and its saddle?
Try, together with the saddle fitter, to get your horse as comfortable as possible and then worry about yourself.