This snaffle has a jointed mouthpiece with half spoon cheeks. This bit is correctly fitted with the cheeks pointing upwards.
The cheeks have 3 main functions. Firstly they help to prevent the bit from being pulled through the horse’s mouth. Secondly, by using fulmer keepers on the cheeks, the mouthpiece cannot be turned over whilst the horse is in work. Thirdly the cheeks also offer support to the young horse and therefore create better lateral control.
The only significant difference between this bit’s action and that of a standard full cheek is that the full cheek also prevents the horse from crossing its jaw. This bit is often used for driving but can certainly be used for ridden horses too.
- Mouthpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Mouthpiece Type: Jointed nutcracker.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Half cheek.
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: 5cm.
- Cheekpiece length: 10cm.
- Curb Chain Included: N/A.
- Action: Bars of the mouth, tongue, corners and roof of the mouth.