This sweet iron pelham bit has a mouthpiece which is designed to oxidise when coming into contact with the horse’s saliva, thereby enhancing salivation and encouraging a softer contact and jaw. It is also twisted which creates sharper tongue pressure. The central copper rings encourage the horse to mouthe the bit while the central link reduces the nutcracker action of the bit.
Pressure on the poll occurs when the curb rein of the pelham is engaged. This pressure is directly related to the length of the upper shank (purchase arm) in relation to the lower shank (lever arm).
Pressure is applied to the chin groove by the curb chain when the curb rein is used.
- Mouthpiece Material: Sweet Iron.
- Mouthpiece Type: Multi link.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Pelham.
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: N/A.
- Cheekpiece length: 15cm.
- Curb Chain Included: Yes.
- Action: Bars of the mouth, corners of the mouth, tongue pressure, poll pressure, curb groove pressure.