This bit is made of stainless steel with a hard straight bar mouthpiece covered in rubber.
The rubber mouthpiece cushions the bars of the mouth and encourages chewing. It also softens the bit by making it thicker.
Ideally used with double reins, the curb rein applies poll pressure to tilt the angle of the nose in towards the chest. The snaffle rein has a more direct contact with the horse’s mouth. It can also be used with rein connectors and therefore a single rein.
‘Tom Thumb’ refers to the particularly short shanks on this bit. This reduces the severity of the curb action.
** No returns or exchanges are possible if there are chew marks on the mouthpiece.
- Mouthpiece Material: Stainless steel – rubber covered.
- Mouthpiece Type: Straight bar.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Pelham.
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: N/A.
- Cheekpiece length: 10.5cm.
- Curb Chain Included: Yes.
- Action: Bars of the mouth, corners of the mouth, tongue pressure, poll pressure, curb groove pressure.