The Max-Control bit is a correction or training bit which locks at a certain angle and in doing so takes on the action of a straight bar bit.
When the horse works correctly, the bit lies in its normal position in the horse’s mouth, only when the horse opposes the contact and the rider’s hand does the intensive locking mechanism come into effect.
Ideally used with double reins – the curb rein, applies poll pressure to lower the horse’s head and curb groove pressure to tilt the angle of the nose in towards the chest.
The snaffle rein has a more direct contact with the horse’s mouth.
It can also be used with rein connectors and therefore a single rein.
- Mouthpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Mouthpiece Type: Sprenger Max-control.
- Mouthpiece Thickness: 16mm.
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Pelham.
- Cheekpiece Length: 10cm.
- Curb Chain Included: Yes.
- Action: Poll pressure. Curb groove pressure. Tongue pressure.